Collaboration Between Goldratt Schools and Academic Institutions
As per the Strategy and Tactic (S&T) Tree of Goldratt Group – the role of Goldratt Schools (GS) is to ensure the readily available access to the TOC knowledge. GS is the place where students meet teachers with TOC knowledge and experience and appropriate materials.
It is only natural that GS will work closely with educational institutions – business schools, university departments and training organizations. Most of the faculty members of Goldratt Schools come from the academic background and many are currently teaching in their universities.
At the moment there are several academic institutions that are working closely with Goldratt Schools. Our intention is to have a direct link from this web-site to each academic place around the world that teaches TOC.
We would like to extend our invitation to any academic institution that teaches TOC or intends to teach TOC to link to our web. This is the place to present the way we tend to work with the academic world.
There are three levels of relationships:
- Sharing knowledge and materials for Academic use – it has been our long standing policy to offer places on our open programs for teachers at reduced prices. The materials produced by Goldratt Schools are available for the teachers to use in their undergraduate and graduate programs.
- The use of Goldratt Schools’ materials for management training programs on a commercial basis – many business schools and management departments have special programs for management development. These programs can use GS packages subject to an official agreement with GS.
- Collaborative agreement for creating a TOC centre within the academic institution. This builds close relationships based on sharing knowledge, transfer of know-how and teaching views on how to conduct the TOC programs as well as on going support. Many times this collaboration includes financial agreement of joint ventures and mutual programs.
The TOC knowledge covers the following areas:
- Production and Operations
- Project Management
- Distribution & Supply Chain
- Finance & Measurements
- Sales & Marketing
- Managing People
- Goldratt Thinking Processes
For each one of these subjects there areas there are three major levels of the teaching programs:
- Overview courses – usually for one or two days to motivate individuals to learn and support implementing TOC ideas and solutions. Many times Goldratt Schools provide established international speakers to conduct these overview courses.
- Training programs in TOC solutions for specialists from companies – which shall be able to implement as a team TOC applications in their areas. This programs are usually run for 5-6 days for a group of 5 people or more from the same company (with two to four groups per program).
- GS Tuition Certification Programs in four different applications
Partnership with Goldratt Schools
Goldratt Schools provide:
- Continuous research
- Training TOC Trainers
- Support and mentoring
The Academic centres can contribute by providing:
- Host services for the programs (facilities, registration, certification)
- Marketing services
- Teachers to learn how to deliver the programs
- Host for research and learning projects (implementations)