Boğaziçi University is a successor of the former Robert College, an American college in Istanbul, dating back to 1863.
In 1971 the high school part of Robert College, RC, united with the American College for Girls, ACG, and retaining the name Robert College, moved to the campus of ACG. The original campus and its college faculty were turned over to the Turkish government and the school was called Bogaziçi University, which continued the traditions and the English language of the former Robert College.
Today Boğaziçi University encompassing close to 11000 students, around 8500 undergraduate and 2450 graduate, is one of the top universities of Turkey. This year nearly 60% of all students that were accepted to the Department of Management belonged to the top 300 and 100% belonged to the top 500 of approximately 1.5 million students who took the nationwide entrance exam.
Seyhan Tuğcu (Kozanoğlu), Ph.D.
- American College for Girls, ACG, (High School), Istanbul, 1967
- Robert College, BA (Business Administration), Istanbul, 1971
- Columbia University, Ph.D. (Business Administration), New York, 1974
- 1974-1980: Assistant Professor, Dept. of Management, Boğaziçi University
- 1980-1988: Associate Professor, Dept. of Management, Boğaziçi University
- 1988-Present: Professor, Dept. of Management, Boğaziçi University
- 1974-2002: Traditional Operations Management
- 2002-Present: TOC
TOC Courses taught:
- AD 451: Undergraduate senior elective course open to students from the Department of Management, Faculty of Engineering and the MIS Department
- AD 550: Graduate required course given to MBA students
Published articles in TOC:
- Tuğcu, Seyhan, “Şirket Kârı Dört Sene İçinde Bugünkü Satışlara Nasıl Eşitlenir?” (How to equate net profit to current sales in four years), Leaders, Boğaziçi Üniversitesi, No. 5, December, 2005, pp. 18-21.
- Tuğcu, Seyhan, “Ürün Maliyetini Belirlemenin Bilgi Değeri nedir?” (What is the information value of calculating the product cost?), Muhasebe ve Finansman Dergisi (Journal of Accounting and Finance), MUFAD, No. 33, January 2007, pp. 46-60.
- Tuğcu, Seyhan, “TOC ile En Hızlı İyileştirme” (Fastest improvement with TOC), Sanayi, Istanbul Sanayi Odası Dergisi (Journal of Istanbul Chamber of Industry) , No. 493, April 2007, pp.64-69.
- Tuğcu, Seyhan, “TOC ile Tedarik Zincirinde Her Stok Kalemi için Ürün Eksikliği ve Ürün Fazlalığına Son” (End to shortages and surpluses with TOC for each SKU in the supply chain), Conference article, HR dergi (HR Journal), 10. Lojistik Yönetimi Zirvesi (10. Logistics Summit), April 9, 2008.